Monday 23 June 2008

My Last Week In The UK (17th March - 22nd March 08)




Hi,
What a last week we had in the UK it was all go My Great Gran Gran went home to york on the Monday and then Mummy, Daddy & I went back over to York on the Tuesday to stay with Nanna & Pops as we were going to see my other Great Grandparents on Wednesday.

Nanna took me, Mummy & Daddy to Flamborough to see Great Nanna & Grandad, Pops and Uncle Craig went together in another car and met us there. Then we met Grannie & Grandad at the North Star where we were all having lunch together and it was a very nice lunch too, but I was more interested in running around the restaurant than having my lunch and needless to say it wasn't long before I flaked out. Then it was back to Great Nanna's for coffee & tea for the adults and more play time for me. But before long it was time to say goodbye and Mummy got very tearful as she wouldn't see Great Nanna & Grandad for awhile.

Mummy & I decided to stay another night at Nanna's as Mummy wanted to see her friend Vicki the next day and so did I. So on Thursday Vicki came round to see us and she brought me a present, so I got to do cute things whilst Mummy & Vicki chatted away, then before we knew it, it was time for us to head back to Leeds as Mummy was going out that night with Daddy and they still had to pack.

Friday turned out to be a very eventful day - it was Good Friday and I went down as normal for my morning nap whilst Mummy waited for Grandad Johnson to come, he was running a little late due to traffic and the weather and in the meantime when I awoke from my nap I was covered in a rash and mummy panicked as she didn't know what it was and we were flying the next day and as it was Good Friday there were no Doctors open so Mummy, Grannie & I ended up Leeds Hospital, where we waited nearly 3 hours for a Dr to see us. He said the rash wasn't anything serious it was a viral rash, but if the rash got worse then we couldn't fly tomorrow, everyone was relieved the rash wasn't serious and we'd see how I was in the morning. So back home we went where poor Grandad Johnson had been waiting patiently for us, as our day out had now been spoilt and as I had this rash I wasn't a happy bunny and I would only go to my Mummy or Grannie, so poor Grandad came all the way over form Hull and didn't get much time with me at all. That evening we had a takeaway curry for dinner, Mike, Rhiann & Lydia came over for it and Grandad Johnson stayed too but before long it was time to say goodbye to everyone.

On Saturday morning the day of our flight home, my rash was a lot better so we were definitely going home and it snowed, yes it snowed, Mummy & Daddy were extremely excited and this was the first snow I'd ever seen it was so cool.

And as usual we had a huge leaving party at the airport, Uncle Gary & Auntie Lisa came by to say goodbye to us, they'd only just got home from honeymoon too, Uncle Craig, Nanna, Pops, Grandad Johnson, Grannie & Grandad were all there to see us off, Mummy was extremely upset again, but it wasn't long before we were on the flight and on our way to Dubai.

Love Ruby xxx

No comments: