Monday 29 October 2007

My Last Few Days in the UK - Chapel Allerton Arts Festival (30th Aug - 2nd Sept)




Hi All,
Well Mummy tells me it's my last few days left in England - So after visiting the Great Grandparents we only had 4 days left and on Thursday Mum went AWOL and escaped back to York (via M&S to check out the sale) on her own to sort out a few things leaving me with Daddy.
Friday saw Mum packing our suitcases and wondering how it was all going to fit in and be under our weight allowance, without her having to actually wear half her clothes.

Saturday though was a great day as the weekend we were leaving was the Chapel Allerton Arts Festival and it was great. My Godmummy Lesley and Uncle Steve came over for it and so did my Grandad Steve - so we all went into Chapel Allerton to check it out - firstly we went to see my Grannie's stall she was selling Jams and Marmalades and Lesley bought 4 jars of the delicious homemade Jam & Marmalade, after nosing around the other stalls we fell upon the Beer tent and of course Mummy said it would be rude not to have a drink and so they did - all of them boozing on Chapel Allerton Ale - Mummy said it tasted mighty fine but wouldn't share any with me.

There was all sorts going on at the festival - lots of stalls in the streets, live music, Mummy bought an environmentally friendly bag so she can use it in Sydney, there was lots going on it was a great festival.

More to pictures to come of the festival and our meal out.

Love Ruby x

1 comment:

Lesley said...

Tell your Grannie that the jams were deeeeelicious!! :o)